
Why is it that some women only have sex to offer?
By: Amanda Anderson
By: Amanda Anderson
As Nicki Minaj's popularity continues to increase due a series of Billboard hits and an animated image that has given her legions of young fans, there is an ugly side to the Barbie Movement that has young women and grown women alike saying the most idiotic phrases I've heard in a very long time. The Head Barbie has made it clear that she is making strides in music on behalf of all women, yet she has coined some of the most derogatory phrases I've ever heard leave the tongues of educated young sisters. She may be showing the male rappers that female emcees can top the charts and still be sexy, but she's simultaneously telling fans that the true power still lies in their vaginas. When she should be telling them to work hard, be strong, and break barriers that weren't meant to be broken by women (as she has done); she's settled for telling them to step their cookies up. In a time where feminists want equality and the same opportunity to make history as our male counterparts, Minaj and company would rather get ahead because of their juicy vaginas.
And any woman who disagrees with their take on how to obtain success is merely hating and needs to step their sex game up. While I'm prepared to get through the obstacles of life with intelligence, wisdom, dignity, and hard work; these ladies would rather rely on skimpy outfits, giving great blow jobs, and a sex game that would put even the most notorious prostitute to shame. I wonder as a concerned black woman who only wants us to get past being Aunt Jemima's and big booty sex kittens, why is good sex all these women have to offer?
To blame Nicki Minaj on the popularity of such an ignorant ode to blatant bobble headness is too easy, and I instead point fingers to those who have taken the phrase and engraved it to their souls. You may not have sold your souls to the devil, but you surely don't own it when you aren't capable of seeing past such hypocritical illusions orchestrated by music executives, who see women merely as cash cows and sex slaves willing to exploit their sexuality to get ahead temporarily.
It's as if some women are under severe mind control and have traded in their dignity to imitate one of the lowest forms of popular culture.
Now I'm not trying to bash Minaj or her barbie doll fans, but I am trying to shine a light on the ignorance that I can't even escape on the Social Networks. Once my timeline became flooded with pretty but substance-less chicks who complain about their haters, and a couple tweets later suggest they step their cookies up; I realized that I could sit back no longer and accept the foolishness. It's one thing for a 15 year old to be a little black girl lost and emulate what she sees praised in popular culture--but as a grown woman, if this ideology describes your current mentality, somewhere down the line the wires got crossed between self-respect and a dependency to fit in amongst fools.
Ladies, you have to get to the point where you understand what you think and say about yourself is a clear indication to others of your true self-worth. While many of you opt for a college degree and great paying careers--the moment ignorance flies out of your mouth, your intelligence is fair game.
How does it sound to tell any woman to step her cookies up to get on your level?
Why not step up her grades, her list of academic achievements, her relationship with God, her intellect or even her self-respect to get on your level?
Why is it as easy as good sex and mind blowing orgasms to get to the level that you are currently on?
I'm asking any woman or young lady who has ever used this term to look closely at themselves and reevaluate rather you have more to offer. Because if all you have to offer men is good sex, my dear, you may be the one who has stepping up to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment